LabVIEWForum.de - Challenging one

LabVIEWForum.de

Normale Version: Challenging one
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Hi all,
First of all i want to see the web pages in english, Can i know where i want to click.

i dont know how to simplyfy this , In h/w interface, user can select the modes by pressing the switches. There are 5 main modes. Each main mode has 8 sub mode. If user select the main mode 1 and sub mode 5 ( by selecting the h/w Switch interfaced with DIO lines), the corresponding 24 led names, 24 switch names and ROT,POTname ...etc has sent to LCD for display. If user changes the mode, the name of all controls of that particular mode will also sent to lcd for display.

So i need to collect the 24 led names, 24 switch names, 2 rot switch name. 4 pot name and sub mode name from the user for 40 modes(5 main mode * 8 sub mode). The name is restricted to 5 char.

I need to cluster all the names for each mode, and finally cluster the cluster of each mode and store into one file.

The key filter does not restrict to 5 char, if i press any key continuously. Kindly spend some time to fix this.
I attached my latest VI

Kindly help me

regs

Karthik
Hi Karthik,

it's a nice program :-)
I've attached your program with some statements within the block diagram.
I would recommend, first at all, to use the control editor to customize the cluster and to change the type to "strict type def"! I think, you know the advantages of this method...
You should use the error cluster anyway.
Dont's use property nodes for the "value" parameter only! Property Nodes always effects on front panel (UI (user interface) thread). However, if you need the value of an element, and you don't have the aim to change another property of the element, use instead of this a local variable.

There are not much code in your blockdiagram, but it looks big at first moment, because it's a little bit unstructured.
For example, use instead of two shiftregisters (for each mode (sub & mode) one -> after the value (signaling) property node, place a "build array"! Further advantages would be, that you only need one inrement for the array and one additional function "index array"...

If you have further questions, don't hestitate to ask...
Referenz-URLs